Soup & Sammich

RG 2.0

As y'all know, I made up some Smoked Chicken Salad, here's the recipe

It was an early dinner tonight. I was ready for it! I made myself a sandwich using the chicken salad and decided to add a little tomato, baby swiss and spring mix to the fold. I toasted up the Golden Flax & Grain bread and loaded it up with goodness. Cut in half and stacked and put a skewer through to hold it for its mugshot :P

I had a hot bowl of broccoli and cheddar soup with it along with some chips and a pickle. A Deli kinda dinner I guess!

csalad05.jpg

csalad06.jpg

csalad07.jpg

csalad08.jpg

Looks incredible - like a food mag, as usual!  I think I would really like chicken salad, if I could just find a way to make it without mayo!  Figured-out mayo-free coleslaw, but haven't researched chicken salad yet.

Thanks, Jason and Eric!  Looking for alternatives to counter my down-to-the-core hatred of mayo.  Bad experience, as a child...long story. ::) lol.  ;D

I don't like mayo but love miracle whip. Go figure! My wife is the exact opposite. Love the pics, as usual.

drains said:
I don't like mayo but love miracle whip. Go figure! My wife is the exact opposite. Love the pics, as usual.

I guess I'm a weird on, Dale - they're one in the same, to me! :'(

DivotMaker said:
drains said:

I guess I'm a weird on, Dale - they're one in the same, to me! :'(

I used to be a Miracle Whip buy but have moved over full on to Hellman's Mayo and there is no more Miracle Whip in my fridge.

Hellmans is my wife's favorite. Can't explain it I just can't stand the taste. BLT with MW is my favorite sammich though!

Been wanting to try this since I saw your mouth watering post Jason.  The wife asked about the extra chicken I smoked last weekend so I gave her your recipe and asked her to try it.  Got home this evening and learned she had some friends by for lunch but saved me "a sample".  I'm sort of a chicken salad snob but that's some of the best Ive enjoyed...all three bites :P

Mighty fine fare but I'll be making my own next time just to get my share ;D

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    37.8 KB · Views: 291
Back