So good to be back

smokeasaurus

Hey y'all

It has been a while.

I bought a Smokin it #3 back in the early days

Then the pellet bug hit and I lost my mind and sold it and jumped in the proverbial hopper!!

After 7 years of pellet auger jams, burn outs, ruined overnight cooks, hopper and grease fires I have had enough.

I wasn't cooking on cheap grills either, Mak and Yoder and Rec Tec.

Sorry just too much going on: augers, fans, temp sensors, motors..........I've had it.

Got a #2 and a stand and it is Lazy Q for this cowboy from here on out.

We moved from Texas to Wisconsin (live on the lake Michigan lakeshore) and these winters can take a toll on you when you are outside smoking all day.

The #2 is going to laugh at Old Man Winter.

Sure I could have gotten a Cookshack or a Smokin Tex.

I am pretty sure nobody can tell the difference of the food off of any of the three models ( CS  ST  SI)

But the features you get with the Smokin-It and the wonderful owner behind the company and this forum makes buying a Smokin-It a no brainer.

In closing, just want to say howdy and get ready to see some of my Texas style cooking here. :)

The Smoke

Welcome back!

I know you like the #2. But how do you like the Gabby Grills Santa Maria attachment? Those things are cool! Ive been eyeing them quite a bit. Just haven’t bit yet.

Welcome back.

Did you keep a pellet grill or get rid of them all?  I still have a Traegar and love using it for burgers and such.  When it comes to long, low and slow cooks/smokes it's the Model 3 all the way.  I love having options.  No such thing as "too many" cookers on the patio.

Glock_21 said:
Welcome back.

Did you keep a pellet grill or get rid of them all?  I still have a Traegar and love using it for burgers and such.  When it comes to long, low and slow cooks/smokes it's the Model 3 all the way.  I love having options.  No such thing as "too many" cookers on the patio.

No the pellet poopers are long gone. When I want to grill it is the Santa Maria attatchment on my Weber and lump charcoal or logs

barelfly said:
Welcome back!

I know you like the #2. But how do you like the Gabby Grills Santa Maria attachment? Those things are cool! Ive been eyeing them quite a bit. Just haven’t bit yet.

The Gabby Grills attachment is seriously excellent. That darn thing will outlast the Weber.

smokeasaurus said:
The Gabby Grills attachment is seriously excellent. That darn thing will outlast the Weber.

Ha! That just twisted my arm. And your post above. So - tell me what your top 2-3 cooks are on the GG if you don’t mind...this may push me over the top.

One of them has to be tri-tip! Thanks for the info. And if you have any pics!! Please, do share!

barelfly said:
smokeasaurus said:

Ha! That just twisted my arm. And your post above. So - tell me what your top 2-3 cooks are on the GG if you don’t mind...this may push me over the top.

One of them has to be tri-tip! Thanks for the info. And if you have any pics!! Please, do share!

Not in Cali anymore and cant get tri-tip

We got the rotisserie as well and spinned chickens come out great

Nice thick rib eyes come out really good

Chicken wings are nice and we also do brats and burgers

Back