Smokin-it in Washington

Bigumdaddyo

I ordered my Model# 3 on Friday. From what I have read on this forum I expect (really hope) to be seasoning my new smoker by next Friday! I have been using a Char-Griller Smoker Pro side-box charcoal/wood  smoker for the last several years. Had a lot successes with it, but not the consistency we all strive for. I must also admit that I just do not find baby-sitting the Chr-Griller for 6 to 12 hours enjoyable anymore. There will always be a place for my Char-Griller for hamburgers, steaks, Salmon, etc., but when it comes to smoking ribs, pork butt and brisket the Smokin-it is my choice.  I researched electric smokers, (read the reviews, watched videos, read different  forums, check them out in the stores), compared the features and came to the conclusion that the Smokin-it smoker is everything a great smoker should be (and then some). I am happy to be a member of the Smokin-it family and look forward to many years of great Smokin-it with ya.

The #3 is a solid choice, no doubt.  I used to do quite a bit with a traditional stick burner but baby-sitting a live fire is time consuming and too dependent on environmental variables ... with the Smokin-It you'll be able to produce consistent results year round.  Best of luck!

Welcome! I think you made a geat choice, I love my #1.

I'll be curious on your take on the Smokin-It after you get a few smokes under belt. Being new to smoking and my #1 my first smoker, I'm always interested in an experienced smoker perspective on the brand.

Welcome!  I have a #2 and could not be happier.  Babysitting will not be in your future; you can literally set it and forget it!  I did a boston butt last week, and enjoyed a good hour on the driving range at the same time!

swthorpe said:
Welcome!  I have a #2 and could not be happier.  Babysitting will not be in your future; you can literally set it and forget it!  I did a boston butt last week, and enjoyed a good hour on the driving range at the same time!

See, everyone?  SW definitely knows how to use his time wisely while NOT babysitting!  Way to go!

Welcome Bigumdaddyo,

I have a model #2. These are great smokers and a great community of folks on this forum. Smokin-it also has great customer service. Enjoy your model #3 and post pics of your first smoke.

Back