Smokes Up from Chicago

CHIsmoker

Hey All,

Received my Model #1 for Christmas and have done 3 smokes so far.
1st, Baby back ribs that turned out pretty good.
2nd, Pork shoulder that I now realize was in the stall zone and I pulled it to early but it was past bedtime on a Sunday.
3rd, St. Louis ribs from Costco butcher section (Seasoned), 2 full racks cut in half, with apple juice in small foil pan by the smoke box. 230 degrees for 5.5 hours no peek. They turned out Amazing! Nice bark, very juicy and came right off the bone.

Wife has even loved the smoked food so far and the neighbors are starting to get a little jealous.  ;D

I just want to say thanks to everyone for posting their trials, errors and recommendations. You have greatly reduced my learning curve.

Kevin

CHIsmoker said:
Hey All,

Received my Model #1 for Christmas and have done 3 smokes so far.
1st, Baby back ribs that turned out pretty good.
2nd, Pork shoulder that I now realize was in the stall zone and I pulled it to early but it was past bedtime on a Sunday.
3rd, St. Louis ribs from Costco butcher section (Seasoned), 2 full racks cut in half, with apple juice in small foil pan by the smoke box. 230 degrees for 5.5 hours no peek. They turned out Amazing! Nice bark, very juicy and came right off the bone.

Wife has even loved the smoked food so far and the neighbors are starting to get a little jealous.  ;D

I just want to say thanks to everyone for posting their trials, errors and recommendations. You have greatly reduced my learning curve.

Kevin

I Kevin,

Welcome from Saint Augustine. I used to live in the Quad-Cities and our corporate office is in Moline.

Greg

Welcome from Delaware, Kevin!  Sounds like you are up and running, but get ready for more neighbors stopping by unexpectedly  ;D  Happy smok'in!

Back