Smoked Vietnamese-Style Ribs

gregbooras

This is my first try at these ribs. I will smoke them for 5 hours, cut each rib and then sauce and place back in the smoker for 30 minutes.

Smoked Vietnamese-Style Ribs

Ingredients:

1-2 racks Baby Back Ribs

Marinade:
6 T BBQ sauce
2.5 T Fish Sauce
2 T Key Lime Juice
2 T Moore’s Marinade (you can use soy)
6 T Brown Sugar
2 T Tamarind – Date Sweet & Sour Sauce
5 T Ketchup
3 T Apple Juice
2 t minced garlic
1 t ginger paste
1 T rice vinegar
½ t onion powder
1 T honey
2 T lemon grass cut up very fine

Wood:
3 oz. Kiawe

Smoker:
235 degrees

Directions:
Add all ingredients into a small sauce pan mix well and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes. Place ribs in 2 gallon zip lock bag along with ¾ of the marinade and place in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Remove ribs from marinade and place in smoker for 5 hours. Combine the marinade you saved and the marinade the ribs were in, add to sauce pan and bring to a boil. Add just a bit of corn starch to thicken.

Remove ribs from smoker at 5 hours, cut each rib apart, sauce and then add back to the smoker for 30 minutes.

Greg

Dinner turned out great!

With the ribs, we had Jasmine Rice with Cinnamon and Cheese Rangoons.

The recipe could not have turned out better. I did save a bit of the sauce and plan to see if I can reduce the amount of ingredients for the next smoke.

Greg

jcboxlot said:
Looks good, I saw a recipe for a similar sauce awhile ago, was on my try list!  Too much on that list!

I looked at a lot of recipes and then created this one. While the end result was excellent, but I believe I can cut down on the ingredients and create the same results.

Tomorrow, I will take some of the leftover sauce and see if I can recreate with less ingredients.

Greg

Hey John,

No this I did not see this video, but many minds think along the same lines.

Today, I played with the ingredients with the goal to keep list with less ingredients.

My overall results were that my original recipe was better.

Greg

Back