SI #2 should be here Wednesday

DarbyDog

Or so Fed Ex tells me. Haven't received it yet and already Jonesing for an Auber.
Replacing a Traeger and looking forward to smokin it.

Hey, we finally have another Walt!  Welcome!  Oh yeah, let the jonesing begin! lol! ;)  You have made a great choice, and I know you'll love the #2!  You will find the world of Lazy Q a lot easier than pellets, or any other "traditional" BBQ.  Let us know how we can help, and I look forward to getting to know you!

DarbyDog said:
Or so Fed Ex tells me. Haven't received it yet and already Jonesing for an Auber.
Replacing a Traeger and looking forward to smokin it.
I feel for ya. Same thing I did. You may as well go ahead and order the Auber. Not that you really NEED it. (I convinced my wife that I could cook better with a +/- 1 degree temp.) You can do the same great food without the Auber but it is so Kwel!!!
When you get it, be sure to read all about  bypassing the controller.

Enjoy and keep us posted .

UPS delivered the #2 and cart on Wednesday.  Cart assembly was easy and the instructions very clear. Mating the smoker to the cart took a lot of effort for my wife (I was getting a beer at the time). At least that is how I visualized it happening but reality intruded and I had to do it all myself without any beer  :'
Seasoned it last night and will put some baby back ribs on this weekend.

Great to hear, Walt!    You can make up for lost time with the beer this weekend while the rubs are getting happy happy in the #2!  Welcome aboard...many happy smokes ahead.  Cheers

Welcome Walt!!

I remember when I ordered my Smokin-it.  I was like a kid at Christmas and checked the tracking daily.  It will be worth the wait.  I have the Model 2 and it is such great quality.  The people on this forum really get creative, and I am still learning every time I log on. 

This is such a great resource, whether you are new to smoking or a pro.  Anyways, looking forward to seeing some pics of those ribs.  Enjoy!! 

Back