Should have had a smoker like this a long time ago!

ZoomByU

I am thrilled to become a part of the Smokin It family and forum. Just received a Model 2 and am excited to try it out. Have read a lot of posts on here and you guys all act like one happy family with a little bit of ribbing (no pun intended) amongst the family members. I can see I have a lot to learn, but it appears I will learn from some of the best. Thanks for all the sharing you guys do on here.

Thanks Bob. Have a small chunk of pork loin about done for supper. Wife wants me to cook more, so what better way! I know from reading the forums that small portion smokes are a little tougher to handle, but it's what was in the freezer. I have a couple of briskets in the freezer from the last couple times I got beef done at locker plant. Looking forward to running those through the smoker.

Hi Greg and welcome from the Florida Keys. Great forum and a great bunch of knowledgeable participants.

Welcome, Greg!  Great to have you with us!  Btw - the "small cuts" rule really only applies to pork butts and briskets...basically, anything that will go through a "stall," where the internal fat has to render down.  Pork loins, and tenderloins, do just fine.

My first smoke/cook! Sure was moist. Brined for 6 hours, then honey mustard with Famous Dave's rub. Tasted darn good, but will use less rub next time. A bit strong on the outside! Cooked to 140 then seared on grill. I'm gonna like this!

Attachments

• DSC_0343 resize.jpg
    DSC_0343 resize.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 296
  • DSC_0344 resize.jpg
    DSC_0344 resize.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 305
Thanks Tony! Wife thinks I should always have supper ready for her when she gets home. Kinda like I think she should have something ready for me. Funny how that works! I may be able to work on that with this smoker if I'm not doing field/farm work. She said I should cook with the smoker more often so she doesn't have to. Hint, Hint!

Greg, the beauty of Lazy Q is that you can load the smoker up, for a long cook, go work, and come back to a cooked meal!  It's that easy!

Welcome from Wisconsin Greg! Looks like you had a successful first smoke. The loin looks nice and moist.

Welcome from ND Greg! It's good to have another Greg here even though you are missing a "g" at the end of your name. ;)

You have found the right smoker and the right smoking forum. So, you're batting 2-2 right now.

Welcome from East Texas Greg! That's some mighty fine eats you cooked up there. Great pics too! Thanks :P

Welcome from the Hudson Valley. You will come to love your #2 - I know I do mine.  And pork loin is one of my absolute favorites to smoke; yours sure looked tasty. Have fun and Smoke On!

Back