Short Ribs!

BedouinBob

This is a project I have been wanting to try for a while so this weekend I took a 4 rib plate of short ribs and applied a mixture of yellow mustard and a little pickle juice before adding Dalmatian rub and garlic powder. Into the smoker with 6 oz of mesquite and a pan of water. I also inserted an internal probe into the thickest part of the meat to see how that would do. I set the smoker to 235 and let it go for 8 hours. The IT was 181 but we didn't want to wait any more since we were hungry!  :) We did let it rest for 30 minutes but couldn't wait any longer. The results were great! Tasty and juicy. The only problem was that, since this was a test, it was only my wife and I for dinner. One rib was more than generous! Good news, we have leftovers for later. I'll do this again.

Attachments

• Raw Meat.JPG
    Raw Meat.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 418
  • Rubbed and Ready.JPG
    Rubbed and Ready.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 400
  • Finished Product.JPG
    Finished Product.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 435
  • Yum.JPG
    Yum.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 449
Might go a tad longer. The only reason I used the meat thermometer at all is because part of the short rib was pretty thick. Parts were really tender but there was a little bit that was a little tougher and more like a steak in consistency.

Those look great, Bob!  I just have to make time to go to the butcher and find a rib plate like that!  Looks soooo good!

Back