Rolls?

Paul Case Luca

Making pulled pork... And wondering what preference folks have for rolls?

I always use standard Hamburg buns.

I focus so much on the brine, the rub, the sauce, the sides... But what are the best rolls/buns that folks prefer???

I've gone from hamburger buns, to King's Hawaiin rolls, to pretty much flour tortillas for pulled pork!  Buns are great, for "traditional" pulled pork, but once you try tortillas, you may never go back!  I just love 'em!

I used taco seasoning instead of BBQ rub, and then used flour tortillas to make pulled pork tacos over the fourth. We even had some hard shell tacos that we wrapped in a flour tortilla with sour cream on (similar to Taco Johns Taco Bravo). This was a bit hit.

es1025 said:
Need to try a pulled pork burrito.

Have them often, too!  Adds a new dimension, when you add some refried beans, cheese, grilled onions, queso sauce on top, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, guac... OK, I'll stop there, as I'm making myself incredibly hungry! ;)

One of my favorites is to throw the flour tortilla on the burner just long enough to warm, slap some pulled pork in and then drizzle the juice from the pinto beans on it to moisten, top with chopped cilantro and enjoy.

Back