Ribs

BedouinBob

I got some local ribs and decided that this weekend was the time to try them out. I did one rack with Rocky Mountain Rub and the other with Famous Dave's since I wanted to test the flavor profile of each. Put them in the smoker at 225 with apple juice and 4.5 oz of oak. I wanted more smoke on these so I went higher with the wood. Six hours later, they passed the tooth pick test. The potatoes were not quite done so I gave them an additional 7 minutes in the microwave and turned them into twice baked potatoes. The results were a nice meal. The ribs were really juicy with just enough smoke. My wife liked the Famous Dave's the best. I have to say that the Rocky Mountain Rub flavor profile was a bit "meh" on beef ribs. I will try it on other items and see if that helps. All in all, a great weekend meal.

Attachments

• 2 slabs.jpg
    2 slabs.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 333
  • In Smoker.jpg
    In Smoker.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 317
  • Finished.jpg
    Finished.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 321
  • Happiness.jpg
    Happiness.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 328
Great looking ribs. I have never seen beef ribs like that. They look more like the pork St. Louis style. Sure are juicy.

I had to go to a local supplier of beef to get them. Most of the stuff I have seen in the stores are all bone and not much meat for which they want and arm, a leg, and your firstborn. These weren't cheap but they had reasonable meat to bone ration and were really tasty!

Back