Ribs - Pototoes and Corn on the Cob

gregbooras

Last nights dinner was excellent.

Ingredients:
1 Berkshire Baby Back Rib (about 1.66 lbs.)
1 Rack Baby Back (Smithfield)
Yellow Mustard (coat both sides of ribs)
BBQ Seasoning (coat both sides of ribs)
2 Large potatoes (poke holes, rub with oil and then season with sea salt, pepper and dry roasted garlic)
4 ears corn cob (put in the last two hours)

Brining Solution:

¼ cup sea salt
½ cup brown sugar
1 cup apple juice
32 oz. cold water

Place brining solution in a large plastic Ziploc bag and add the meat. Placed in refrigerator for 2 hours. Remove, drain, rinse and pat dry the ribs. Rub with mustard on both sides and then season with BBQ Seasoning. Allow the ribs to come up to room temp for about 30 minutes before placing in the smoker.

For wood use 3 oz. Kiawe Wood, place half loaf pan ¾ full with water.

Removed membrane, then placed the ribs on the first two racks from the top, the potatoes on the bottom slot (the last two hours I added the corn).  Set smoker to 235 degrees and smoked for five hours, added sauce and smoked for 30 more minutes.

Greg

SuperDave said:
Looks great, Greg.  :)

Thanks,

Since the grand kids are in town this week we also had the neighborhood boy over for dinner. He really liked the ribs and asked if he could take some home, so I sent him him was a rack of ribs for his dad.

Greg

Way to go, Greg!  I love sharing the food joy with neighbors...just dropped off pulled pork to 3 neighbors on Monday night since I really could not handle 16# of pork!

That looks good, never tried corn like that.

As an aside, do you get lots of smoke out the top seal?  Looks, maybe from the picture, like that top seal gets some buildup.

Hey Greg, Wow everything looks really good. I will follow your lead next time I do potatoes in the smoker and put them right above the smoke box. I have done them before but put up high and was not done to my satisfaction. Also with your method can eat the skin of the potato as well. This is where all the vitamins are at. Another question, since you are in Fl. I know you can find orange and grapefruit farms. Do they have lemon or lime trees down there?

DivotMaker said:
Way to go, Greg!  Sure bet THAT was better than Space Camp food! ;)

Way better than Space camp food :)

Thinking back, I am not sure how you could really make food taste that bad.....

When corn dogs are the best thing on the menu, you are in trouble!

Greg

It looks delicious as usual Greg! Corn dogs are one of my favorite foods too. Never dipped one in taco sauce though. Have to try it.

Back