Ribs in #3 using Auber

elkins20

Sorry did not get picture of the before as was in a hurry this morning. Had to get the ribs smoking and head to church b.4 8:00am. And did a very simple program in the Auber, that was easy part. Hard part no instructions in the manuals or on forum to start the program once entered in the Auber.  ??? Here is my program C01 T 160 t .5, C02 T 235 t 5.0 C03 thru C06 is all 0. Was not sure how to start the Auber to get the program running.  ??? It appears to be running and the temp. is at 235 with a +/- 1 degree swing. Outside temp. is 80, I have the smoker and Auber on my front porch and is shaded, also porch is facing west so will not get any sun until 2:00 pm. I used 2.0 oz of maple and 3.0 oz of cherry. Also the ribs was smeared with mustard and then a cherry/chipotle rub by John Henry, ribs rested overnight in fridge. They were smoking at 7:00am also made it to the church on time.

Attachments

• WP_000082.jpg
    WP_000082.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 298
  • WP_000084.jpg
    WP_000084.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 312
Ribs are out of the smoker, foiled, toweled and in the cooler resting. I cannot say enough about the Auber and the new addition to the family. Need to get the little guy up to par now. Oh and they taste as good as they look, had to pinch a piece of meat off of one of the slabs.  ;)

Attachments

• WP_000085.jpg
    WP_000085.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 413
  • WP_000086.jpg
    WP_000086.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 342
Did them a little different as did not add sauce. will do that when eating them. Going to have a baked potato and slice tomato from the garden. Manja Manja ;D

Good eats, there, Bill!  Simple is great - baked tater and sliced homegrown tomatoes!  I'm in the final hour of a 16.5 lb briskie in the #3...getting anxious to wrap & rest it!  Been on since 6pm yesterday!

It should be close by now... Quick question have you ever used pecan wood? If so where did you get it. I just checked http://www.smokinlicious.com/ but did not see pecan in their selection. Was going to order some more hickory and pecan from them. Right now I think I have enough wood to last me a couple of years. Also did order the permanent mount sensor for the #3 should get it sometime next week.

90% of everything I smoke that is pork or beef is either done with Pecan or Mulberry

There are few good sources off of the Crappie.com Oklahoma sub-forum.....register and post up yuo are needing some. A few comp grade pecan on ebay......just saying

I found some pecan at a place called http://www.fruitawoodchunks.com/ they had the pecan. I think others have used this source of wood. Most now are using the http://www.smokinlicious.com/ site but they do not have the pecan. How are you ribs doing KAG?

I like pecan, but don't use it much.  I usually turn to oak, mesquite or hickory instead...not sure why, just what it is.

If they tasted half as good as they look then they were deeeelicious! Great job Bill! That John Henry is good stuff.

Back