Ribs and Bologna

pargolfr2003

Cool and dreary in the NC sandhills but still a good day to knock back a couple cold ones and fire up the smoker. St Louis ribs and bologna ready to rock after an afternoon in the SI #2. Hope y'all are having a good Sunday

I 'd like to see that photo too.  I have not done one yet on my electric but this is one that I did on my Weber.  Just mustard, brown sugar and a little rub.

Attachments

• IMG_0265.jpeg
    IMG_0265.jpeg
    63.8 KB · Views: 345
The bologna turned out great. Mustard and rub, smoked 2 hours then basted with bbw sauce apple juice mixture and back in for 1 hour.  For some reason I'm unable to get the pic to attach

Tim, you may need to resize your image to post.
Meanwhile Dave has provided a nice specimen for our enjoyment. Looks good Dave.

gregbooras said:
So this is something new to me....

Smoked bologna, what do you buy to pull this off?

Greg, this is common, at least in the South.  You can get "chubs" of bologna - just like the Oscar Meyer stuff, just not sliced.  There are actually better quality brands, too.  Smoking it takes the stuff to a whole new level! 

Yeah I got mine from the deli case in the grocery store. I got a 5 lb stick for $7. Cut it in half and froze some for later. Thanks to Dave for covering my tech incompetence by posting a pic. Mine looked pretty similar. Give this a try and you'll be glad you did. Its inexpensive and very easy.

pargolfr2003 said:
Yeah I got mine from the deli case in the grocery store. I got a 5 lb stick for $7. Cut it in half and froze some for later. Thanks to Dave for covering my tech incompetence by posting a pic. Mine looked pretty similar. Give this a try and you'll be glad you did. Its inexpensive and very easy.
Tim,
Don't give up on the photos.  Lots of good people here to help.  Just tell us what type of computer you have and someone will be along to help you.

Just a suggestion.  Maybe we need a "Test Forum", nothing to see here just move along.  People could go there to test their posting of photos and to verify that they are not to big.  The preview process does not show the photo.  Once they see that they are doing it right they can then post with some degree of confidence in the main forums.  I struggled like most here with posting photos, it can be very frustrating.  Everyone likes to see BBQ photos, remember we eat with our eyes first and smell-a-vision seems to be a few years away. 

The photo I posted was 4.25 lb also purchased at the deli.  Smoked at 250  (smoker already up to temp) for 4.5 hrs and sauced the last 30 minutes. No water pan.  If you do a search Emeril did a whole chub on one of his TV shows.

I like to slice it thick then fry or grill on both sides, add some cheese to melt, then onto some fresh Italian bread.  Makes a great sandwich.

Carp210 said:
pargolfr2003 said:
Tim,
Don't give up on the photos.  Lots of good people here to help.  Just tell us what type of computer you have and someone will be along to help you.

Just a suggestion.  Maybe we need a "Test Forum", nothing to see here just move along.  People could go there to test their posting of photos and to verify that they are not to big.  The preview process does not show the photo.  Once they see that they are doing it right they can then post with some degree of confidence in the main forums.  I struggled like most here with posting photos, it can be very frustrating.  Everyone likes to see BBQ photos, remember we eat with our eyes first and smell-a-vision seems to be a few years away. 

The photo I posted was 4.25 lb also purchased at the deli.  Smoked at 250  (smoker already up to temp) for 4.5 hrs and sauced the last 30 minutes. No water pan.  If you do a search Emeril did a whole chub on one of his TV shows.

I like to slice it thick then fry or grill on both sides, add some cheese to melt, then onto some fresh Italian bread.  Makes a great sandwich.

Thanks Dave,

I will add this to my smokin list :)

Greg

I discovered my pic posting problem is my phone. Not sure what's wrong with it but it won't let me access my pics when trying to post here. So last night I used my wife's phone to post my shrimp pic and worked fine. I'm due for a new phone anyway. Doing another bologna this afternoon so will post a pic via wife phone later today.

Back