Ribs 3 ways

BedouinBob

So RG got me thinking cranberry......I had a pack of St. Louis ribs from Costco so I had to try it out. I did 3 sauces: L to R in the first picture is cranberry BBQ sauce, Asian BBQ sauce, and Bourbon BBQ sauce. I will have to put the recipes in the sauce section but not today! The ribs turned out great at 235 for 5 hours smoked with 3 oz of sugar maple. My wife said she couldn't pick the best.... 😳 But all of the sauces were great! I thought that the cranberry added a nice fruit flavor to the profile. Good eats!

Attachments

• IMG_2276.JPG
    IMG_2276.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_2277.JPG
    IMG_2277.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 410
  • fullsizeoutput_3579.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_3579.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 355
Those ribs look great, and I'd like to see your recipe for the cranberry BBQ sauce. I've been thinking about a more fruity-tasting sauce, and this might just fit the bill (or be modified with rhubarb).

Durangosmoker said:
Those ribs look great, and I'd like to see your recipe for the cranberry BBQ sauce. I've been thinking about a more fruity-tasting sauce, and this might just fit the bill (or be modified with rhubarb).

Eric, Bob recently posted the 3 sauces in the Sauces section. Here's the cranberry.
Cranberry BBQ Sauce

Those look fantastic.. another rib sauce I tried at a local BBQ joint was raspberry sauce on the ribs that was really good too.  I think thwy used raspberry jam with the seeds.

Back