Rib Moral Dilemma

will615

I got a #1 for Father's day. I've wanted one for quite awhile to do Boston butts and fish. I seasoned it according to the directions. Today I did ribs to further season it. I have been doing ribs for years over charcoal. I have a reputation among my friends for the best ribs... I did 2 racks at 235 deg,  usual overnight rub, 2.25 oz of hickory, water pan. They were done at 5.25 hours. My family says that they are the best ribs I've ever made. Very moist. I was concerned about the bark and planned on finishing them on the grill. I didn't need to. My years of mastering ribs over charcoal now seem to be irrelevant! In addition, the walk away and come back in 4.5 hours vs. the check them,baste every 15 minutes is a huge difference! I could not be happier! Thanks!

Sounds like an awesome Father's Day gift. 
The Lazy-Q method of smoking is my favorite.  Set it and forget it.  No babysitting a fire.  No mopping or spritzing to keep things moist. 

I recently gave my offset smoker to my neighbors son in law. I don't miss it. It was just collecting wasp nests anyway. Lazy Q is my friend. My #3 is some of the best money I ever invested. Happy to hear you're enjoying your #1.

Welcome Will from SE Arizona.  A smoker from SI is a wonderful Father's Day gift; thoughtful family!

If you think the ribs were easy, You are gonna love the pork butt and brisket smokes.
Welcome from South Texas.

ibbones said:
If you think the ribs were easy, You are gonna love the pork butt and brisket smokes.

No kidding... I got the butts and briskets on the very first try.  I think it took me three occasions to get the ribs the way I like them.

Back