Red Robin Gourmet Burgers?

RG 2.0

Meh......not to me. I tried them for the first time tonight. Seen the commercials for years, rode by one plenty of times in years past, never stopped in until today. I ordered the Whiskey River BBQ Cheddar Burger or something to that effect. My wife ordered a Bacon Cheeseburger. She liked hers, I hated mine. I ordered it medium, it was medium for the most part but the meat was cold and there was VERY LITTLE bbq sauce on it, just a slight hint. What I DID taste was LOTS of mayo to the point it was sickening. Ugh! The buns on both burgers were crumbly indicating they were not fresh but stale. On top of that, it took damn near an hour from the time we walked in and got seated and had the burgers on our table! It only was a 10 minute wait so it was 45 minute wait to get 2 burgers and fries. Ridiculous. Our server sucked too. I have a BIG pet peeve. If my drink glass goes empty, and I slide it to the edge to SHOW you it's empty and have to wait for more than a couple of minutes for a drink, we have a problem. If you're a good server, I should never run out to begin with. Because I know the girls don't make much per hour and their income is based on tips, I still tipped her $3.00 (which was $3.00 too much but I don't want to be a total jerk and make her kids not have what they need due to Mommy being a sucky waitress, lol). Had she done her job, I would've doubled the tip. Oh well. I won't be back, that's for sure.

Here's what the burger is supposed to look like :
whiskey-river.png

Which is more in line with what it really DID look like as opposed to what their ad shows :
whiskey3.jpg

My burger looked closer to the first pic but still not as good, more flat and sad like a blown tire on a 76 Winnebago.

When the best part of the meal was the boneless wings appetizer and the Coke Zero, you've got some improvements to make!

I'm with you on this one.  For some reason my daughter likes Red Robin.  Needless to say I have to go every once in awhile.  The place is terrible.  Bad service, cold food etc.  Glad to hear they are consistent with their service in other states!

RG, sorry you had such a bad "dining out" experience. You've got a heck of a lot of excellent cooking gear sitting at home cold that you can fire up for the next meal. It's hard to be satisfied with other's cooking when you can do it better on your own! Happy smoking.

Jack

JackT said:
RG, sorry you had such a bad "dining out" experience. You've got a heck of a lot of excellent cooking gear sitting at home cold that you can fire up for the next meal. It's hard to be satisfied with other's cooking when you can do it better on your own! Happy smoking.

Jack

You're right Jack, but sometimes you just want to be taken care of by someone else lol. It was a night out with my wife so it wasn't a total loss ;)

Not all visits are equal, even when I order a menu item that I know I like.  I don't know the name of it but my favorite Red Robin burger is from the gourmet menu and is covered in caramelized onions, cheese and horseradish sauce.  While I love this burger, the quality isn't always 100% the same.  But that burger and endless fries, I'm usually full and content when I leave. 

Coke Zero and that Burger?

What were you trying to cut back on :)

If I "have" to eat a burger out we do Five Guys.

jcboxlot said:

Lol, yeah I know. I quit drinking sugary drinks about a year and a half ago. I mostly drink diet pepsi since it has no aspartame anymore. It's a shame because I am a Coke drinker but don't want aspartame if I can avoid it.

RG said:
jcboxlot said:

Lol, yeah I know. I quit drinking sugary drinks about a year and a half ago. I mostly drink diet pepsi since it has no aspartame anymore. It's a shame because I am a Coke drinker but don't want aspartame if I can avoid it.
I'm a Coke Zero drinker myself and have read reports that aspartame leads to memory loss. Wait, what was the point of this reply?

Ha!  I feel your pain!  Our local RR absolutely SUCKS!  Can't believe they're still open.  Last time me and the family went there, it was pretty busy.  After about a 20 minute wait, we were taken to a long line of tables, where you were sitting with strangers, like a camp picnic table (no space between them).  To top it off, they had 40,000 lumen halogen light fixtures over these table.  I wasn't sure if I was in a burger joint, or an interrogation room.  After basting in the heat of these lamps for another 15 minutes, without so much as a menu or glass of water (which was desperately needed by now), I tried to get the attention of the 3 waiters/waitresses I saw playing grab a$$ in the corner, by the bar, for the entire time we had been roasting under the heat lamp, and listening to the vapid conversation of the millennials we were pressed up against.  (Btw, I now know how chicken feels at a buffet).  No luck...  This place has terrible management, and even worse decor!  Who wants to roast under a halogen light, cheek-to-cheek with total strangers? 

Good riddance, Red Robin....my burgers blow yours away!  We actually left, and never ate there that night - or ever again.  45 minutes of being ignored is more than I can bear.

Back