Pulled Pork!

BedouinBob

Did a 12# pork butt for pulled pork by first brining with DM's brine, rubbed with mustard and sprinkled with rub. Used 6 oz Apple at 230 and into the #2 it went for 23.5 hrs when it reached 200 deg. Tasty & delicious! Sorry, got too excited for a pulled pork sammi picture.  ::)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    35.9 KB · Views: 258
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    77.4 KB · Views: 242
Nice job, Bob!  Try pulling the next one out of the smoker at 192-195 and see if you can tell a difference.  Saves time, and the results are the same!  I've played around with this quite a bit.  What I've figured out, is once the temp starts climbing out of the stall, you can pretty much pull it any time it hits at least 190.  Juicy and tender, because that work was done during the stall! 

Thanks Tony. This was a test the other way since I usually do 195. The question was whether it was more tender. It wasn't. Also while still great, my cut was that it was slightly less moist.

BedouinBob said:
Thanks Tony. This was a test the other way since I usually do 195. The question was whether it was more tender. It wasn't. Also while still great, my cut was that it was slightly less moist.

That's the way I see it, too!  I find going north of 200 on butts causes dryness, and seems to make the meat more mushy.

Back