Pulled Pork Nachos/Tacos

Glock_21

Did a pork butt a couple weeks ago for nachos/tacos.  I used Tony's brine and then some taco seasoning for the rub.  Most of the taco seasoning cooked out. 
I have another butt in the brine for a Wednesday meal.  I added some taco seasoning to the brine this time.  I'm trying to get more of a taco/texmex flavor into the pork.

Pulled pork nachos and tacos are the bomb.

Travis, you are on the right track with including taco seasoning in the brine as well as the rub. Also, consider adding some to the finished product when you pull it. That should totally give you the flavors you need.

I mixed up some taco seasoning and injected it, used the rest for rub with mustard as a binder.  I'll throw it in the #3 sometime this evening and see how it turns out.

I did this for Independence day and it was awesome! I mixed a fair amount of extra Taco Seasoning in with the pulled pork after pulling as well. My 11 Year-old nephew liked it so much that he ate it for the next three meals instead of what everyone else was having. :)

I've never used taco seasoning prior to smoking, but have heated left-over pulled pork in a skillet with a package of it (like you would taco meat), and then made burritos out of it!  Tasty!

Back