Proud owner of a SI#3

TD

Hey Everyone, ordered a #3 and an Alber last Wednesday, it arrived today and getting seasoned as i type, tomorrow I'll install the permanent probe , came from a smokin tex  Love the extra depth for ribs and briskets on this one,
Thanks Steve for the extra Quick Shipping. (40 minutes after i placed the order i had a Fedex #)

Tim in Texas

Thanks Everyone, seasoned it last night ,installed the permanent Probe,Running the Auber Autotune now!

Hi Tim:

Welcome to the club.  As a Model #2 user, I am envious.  It seems like a person can always use a bigger smoker, and you just went in with the best option right away, congrats!  The Auber and permanent probe are the bomb.  I just installed my permanent probe last weekend, and it is awesome.  I should have done this months ago. 

Just a great tip.  Tony (DivotMaker) suggests a 1 inch nylon spacer so you get a probe only appearance in the actual smoker.  I didn't do this initially, and the probe plus nylon threading was just too much into the smoker, where I could see it interfering with my upper rack.  I modified it with the nylon spacer, and it is a great improvement, with more room for my ribs. 

Back