Pork shoulder

bigbassnutt

Made a 10 lb pork shoulder for supper Friday, made sliders out of it. I brined it overnight in my briner jr.(note a 10 pounder is max size for the jr.)  Rubbed with Famous Dave's rib rub and put it in @ 225 till it hit IT of 200. I had two little foil pans, one with beer and one with apple juice. This thing was awesome, it literally came apart as I was trying to lift it off the rack, so moist and tender. I tried some new sauces, one was the bone sucking sauce and one was kc butt sauce, picked them up at Rural King and both were really good. I have to say most of the people I had over just preferred the flavor of the meat by itself.

Attachments

• pork shoulder1.jpg
    pork shoulder1.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 488
  • pork shoulder2.jpg
    pork shoulder2.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 442
  • pork shoulder3.jpg
    pork shoulder3.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 434
Man, Mike, I'm jealous!  I had to work this weekend, so no smoking (just a little typing).  You smoked my favorite butt recipe! ;D

Got it from you, figured I would tweak it a little but can't see it getting much better. I have tried making my own rub and just can't beat Famous Dave's rib rub. Thinking about doing a chuck roast next. I just got a stainless steel table with wheels, 24 by 36 to set the smoker on, now I don't have to get on my knees to clean it.

Mike, great job on the pulled pork, it looks amazing.  These smokers do perform wonders and we get all the credit from family and friends.

Back