Pork rib tip's not riblets .

OFFSHORE GINGER

Suggestions please and has anyone ever done these in there Smoker ? Well i just purchased a 10 LB Box of frozen rib tips which look like six slabs of Baby back ribs with hardly any bone if any or should i say the bone on them is like tiny Knuckles so ..................the million dollar question is ..............should i cook them the same way i would do Baby back ribs 5 hours or more ? Quick note i also purchased a 10 LB Box of Riblets which will be another first time smoke considering i was in Save A Lot saw both items in the frozen meat section , and not to mention the price was right with the Riblets being 10.00 dollars a box & the tips coming in at twenty  20.00 . 

I would think they go a lot shorter than 5 hours.  If they are thin like dinner knife height or diameter. 

Low heat  225

My experience with rib tips was the meat being the tail end of a spare rib rack.  The meat was lean and didn't smoke great in my opinion.  Maybe try some hot and fast on the grill. 

Thanks guys for the replies and to tell you the truth after browsing smoking-meat.com Jeff suggested six hours @220 which i am going to try considering it is my first time doing Rib Tips and not to mention that the meat is in the Smoker and being pulled at 3:00 this afternoon . Once again thanks .

+1 on Brian's comments. I think that we should really encourage people to search the forum first before posting questions. There is a huge amount of information here and, whilst everyone here is very good natured, answering the same question numerous times eventually gets old. Hit the "Search" bar guys!

Limey said:
+1 on Brian's comments. I think that we should really encourage people to search the forum first before posting questions. There is a huge amount of information here and, whilst everyone here is very good natured, answering the same question numerous times eventually gets old. Hit the "Search" bar guys!
Excuse me for asking and not to mention that i did a search with not much being posted other then a few comments on Rib Tips .

Hey Ginger, I am happy to hear that the Rib Tips turned out well.

So, did you end up going with 220 for 6 hours then?

Would you change anything?

Personally, I don't mind answering the same questions over and over because they are usually from newer members or those who may or may not know common forum etiquette or how to use the resources on a forum like this. I don't think Limey meant to offend anyone, but I remember reading this comment and hoping that it wouldn't be interpreted as we don't like to answer questions.

My suggestion for us all is to provide the best answer that we can and also provide the additional suggestions for how they can search/find the answer/s on their own such as the Search, Advanced Search, Forum Sections, etc. In situations like this where Ginger had already searched but wasn't finding much and was just looking for some extra feedback/suggestions, this approach may be received more favorably.

teach-man-to-fish-quote.jpg

It's all good guys & NDKoze thank you for your concern and yes i did go with smoking the tips for six hours @ 220 and would i change anything...hmmmmmm......... maybe not considering the tips were so juicy and tender that i actually could not believe how well they turned out ,and not to mention that the tips were going fast (picnic) more or less like a feeding frenzy even though there were Dog's & Hamburgs being offered up along with numerous side dishes . On another note and that is ................i have never had as many people inquire ( questions ) about the smoker as i had on Sunday . 

Thanks for the update.

I haven't really seen these anywhere, but now I am going to have to keep my eyes open and try some if I find some.

NDKoze said:
Thanks for the update.

I haven't really seen these anywhere, but now I am going to have to keep my eyes open and try some if I find some.
To tell you the truth i do not think you will be disappointed if you purchase the Rib Tips that i purchased at Save A lot or Pork Brisket that was mentioned above considering the product i purchased came frozen in a 10 LB box .

Back