Pork Loin

This was a 3 pounder. Brined for 18 hrs then rubbed with Killer Hogs rub. Smoked at 225 for about 2.5 hrs with 3 oz of hickory. Wrapped in foil and rested 30 minutes. This definitely won't be the last time I make this.

pargolfr2003 said:
This was a 3 pounder. Brined for 18 hrs then rubbed with Killer Hogs rub. Smoked at 225 for about 2.5 hrs with 3 oz of hickory. Wrapped in foil and rested 30 minutes. This definitely won't be the last time I make this.

Thanks Tim,

I will put this on my to smoke list also!

Greg

pargolfr2003 said:

Hey Tim, very nice, was wondering how did you like the flavor of the killer hogs rub? Just curious how the flavor was.

Bill the Killer Hogs is good. I watch a lot of videos from their website so thought I'd give it a shot and haven't been disappointed. When I don't have time to make my own this is a good way to go.

Smoked my first pork loin today. Learned a lot from the information in the posts. Brined in DivotMakers brine. Brined. 4.5 lb pork loin for 24 hours. Rinsed well after brining, rubbed with spicy mustard then into smoker. Set temp to 225 degrees and within 2 hours internal meat temperature reached 150 degrees. Removed it and wrapped in foil for about 2 hours.  Sliced meat thinly and it was very tender, moist and wonderful smoked flavor.  Did not even need  bbq sauce.  Per DivotMaker did not need to brine 24 hrs...which is good news for prep time for me.  I was just somewhat surprised it reached 150 internal temperature so quickly.  I was planning on more like 5-6 hours!  This is only the second time we have used our new SI #1 smoker.  Smoked salmon last weekend which we had shipped home from fishing trip to Alaska past August. It too was divine. Really depend on SI blog for helping me learn about smoking.

mtnevis said:
Smoked my first pork loin today. Learned a lot from the information in the posts. Brined in DivotMakers brine. Brined. 4.5 lb pork loin for 24 hours. Rinsed well after brining, rubbed with spicy mustard then into smoker. Set temp to 225 degrees and within 2 hours internal meat temperature reached 150 degrees. Removed it and wrapped in foil for about 2 hours.  Sliced meat thinly and it was very tender, moist and wonderful smoked flavor.  Did not even need  bbq sauce.  Per DivotMaker did not need to brine 24 hrs...which is good news for prep time for me.  I was just somewhat surprised it reached 150 internal temperature so quickly.  I was planning on more like 5-6 hours!  This is only the second time we have used our new SI #1 smoker.  Smoked salmon last weekend which we had shipped home from fishing trip to Alaska past August. It too was divine. Really depend on SI blog for helping me learn about smoking.

Congrats!

Greg

pargolfr2003 said:
Bill the Killer Hogs is good. I watch a lot of videos from their website so thought I'd give it a shot and haven't been disappointed. When I don't have time to make my own this is a good way to go.
I too like his recipes and videos, I have used a couple of his techniques for doing a brisket and a Boston Butt. They work pretty good in the SI's. Just have not tried his rubs. I am hooked on John Henry's pecan rub, I also add a sprinkle of Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning. It works good for me.

Back