Pork Loin and Baby Backs

Glock_21

The #3 is getting a workout this weekend.  Pork loin and baby backs for this round.

I mixed up a batch of Tony's pork loin brine and let it soak for around 12 hrs.  Cut into two pieces for easier handling.  I also wanted to try two different rubs.  The loins went on the #3 along with 2 slabs of baby back ribs.  The patio smells of awesomeness.

Attachments

• loins and babybacks.jpeg
    loins and babybacks.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 362
It's like Porkapalooza!  Nice, Travis!  I had to work this weekend, and have afterhour phones tonight, so no rest, or porkapalooza for me this weekend. :(  Sure looks tasty!!

Tony's brine is the bomb for pork loin.  I started with one large loin from Sam's, cut it in two pieces to make it easier to handle and to use two different rubs.  Flavor was excellent but I overcooked it.  I had no idea that it would cook as fast as it did.  It had hit 154 before I knew it.  It was still very good.  I hate to think of how dry it would have been without the brine.  Lesson learned for next time.

Attachments

• pork loin.jpeg
    pork loin.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 389
  • sliced.jpeg
    sliced.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 357
Oh, Man, that's some fine-lookin' loin!  Nice job, Travis!!  Yeah, loins actually go pretty fast.  I take mine to 145, then give them that good 'ol reverse sear on the grill!

Back