Pork Belly Price

Airchair

Just curious but, I found a 10 lbs pork belly for 4.99/lb at the local Korean market. That seamed reasonable to me. Looking for some opinion or advice.

Thanks Court

Nobody keeps bellies in stock here but will order them for 3.49 llb. Takes about a week to get them in.

The one I went to had a lot. I'm sure there's a couple other ones nearby you so maybe give some a call or drive around till you find one haha

Regarding Costco pork belly being in stock, in the Sacramento metropolitan area there are a lot of Costco stores.  Some never carried the pork belly, some only some of the time and some all of the time. The common denominator for the stores that carried them all of the time was that they were in neighborhoods that would be considered ethnic.  I don't know if Costco in other parts of the country carry items by demographics but it appeared the case in Sacramento. 

Thanks Dave,
Gonna have to go to Costco and inquire. I do like the brisket that they carry. Wish that was gonna be my next smoke but I have to empty our freezer a bit.

Court

The last price I have for Costco (skinless) Pork Bellies (approx 9-11 pounds) is $2.85 per pound. Prices vary some throughout the year, and by location.

It turns out Costco does it again. I called around because not every Costco is created equally. Priced at 2.50/lb

Thanks for all the input

Court

Back