Picking up model 3 today

midnightfixx

I'm excited, the masterbuilt  :( smoker I bought is ready to go back under QVC's 30 day return policy :) , arrived defective.  Picking up a model 3 today and plan on having nothing but good luck and good eats.  I'm still considering the digital control for it, is there a major advantage (ie. Better and easier smokin', better and easier food?)  Hope to learn much from everyone who has been smoking and loves to share their experiences with us noobs.

Thanks,

Bill from Canton, Michigan

Welcome Bill!! Your right you will have good luck and good eats with this smoker. I got my #2 this winter and have really enjoyed it, the ease of use, the small amount of wood needed all add up to a great experience. Plus all the guys on the site are just awesome, have a question about anything it gets answered. The auber controller really is not a got to have to make good food type of thing. I got mine a couple of months after I got the smoker, performed just fine on it's own. Try your unit out for a while and see how it performs you might like it with no mods at all.Welcome to the site have fun and any questions jump right in and ask. Happy Smokin!!!

Welcome Bill!  And, congrats on your new #3!!  You're in for some great Q in your future!  Jim's right - the Auber is not required to make stellar Q.  What it does do, though, is give you a range of options that the analog controller can't do.  There are 6 program "steps" that can be triggered by time or temperature, and if you bypass the on board controller, you can even go above 250 with the temp.  Like I said, not required, but a very nice option!

Hi Bill, welcome to the club. I also have the #3 and love this unit. You made a great purchase and will not regret it.  I don't have the auber and have been running my stock without any issues and I am getting great BBQ.  As the guys mentioned, it is a nice to have...boys with their toys.

By the way, I may pick one up myself next time I head down to Ohio as a gift to myself.

Thanks for the warm (and smokey) welcome everyone.  Just wanted to give you a piece of advice, Smokster.  I picked up my smoker at Steve's new place.  He moved to Michigan about 3 weeks ago, so if you go to Ohio, you've gone too far.

Back