Newby from kansas

K-stater

Just got my 3 in today and prepped for seasoning tomorrow. I have never used a electric smoker in my 15 years of smokin. I did a lot of research and chose smokin-it. It looks like a quality smoker and the bonus is this forum that I found. I know if I have any troubles, i can ask. Super excited Saturday for my first cook off st.louis ribs and bacon wrapped jalepenos.

I live in a small town called Glasco, about 50 miles Northwest of Salina on 24 highway. Have been smokin on a traeger for 15 years and wanted to get more of an authentic taste. Sounds like this unit will get it done.

K-stater said:
I live in a small town called Glasco, about 50 miles Northwest of Salina on 24 highway. Have been smokin on a traeger for 15 years and wanted to get more of an authentic taste. Sounds like this unit will get it done.

You're going to be the envy of the town!  :)  I have in-laws in Great Bend, Hoisington, Holyrood, and Wichita and I'm sure other areas. 

Hello from Wichita. You mentioned you had been using a Traeger. I have a friend who has been using one and he says he has trouble when it is really cold outside. I don't think you will have any of those kind of problems with your new purchase as it is so well insulated. I also think you will spend a lot less in wood. Good luck!

Welcome from Texas! As an owner of a #3 I can assure you that it will meet all your expectations and more.

Nice to see other people from Kansas on here!  I'm from Manhattan and lived on Ft Riley for a good 15 years until my dad retired from the military about 14 yrs ago. My wife is from the area and a KState alum as well

K-stater said:
I live in Glendale, Arizona ( part of the Phoenix metro area and 6 million other people). My wife and I and two or three other couple travel to the Stockton,KS area to archery hunt deer every year that we draw a tag. We love it there and the people are awesome! I think we drove through Glasco a few years ago when we did a little sight seeing trip.

Kansas native here. Arkansas City, Kansas. Happy to see a fellow Kansan on line. I've retired in Ohio but the Kansas prairie will always be home. I just bought the model #1 since it's just my wife and me but am super excited to begin the smokers adventure. Good luck with your purchase and will watch for your posts.

Small world...I love going there for our annual archery deer hunt (if we draw as a NR) and we did this year, so looking forward to my time in a tree near Stockton!

Welcome from Ohio. I've learned so much from these forums and I can tell you that all the replies to your questions will most likely be to help in any way possible. At least that's what I've found. I have a #1 and it serves my needs but looking longingly at a #3. One of my sons is a KState alumni and my wife and I are native Kansans from Arkansas City, Kansas. Retired in Ohio after 45 years of refining. Miss Kansas but Ohio is our home.

Back