Big P

Hello all. I got my #2 just the other day. I have already experienced the belch I have read about on here. I have very limited smoking experience but hope to change that soon. Look forward to smoking up some salmon.

Hi Paul!  Put a little foil on the bottom of your wood (top open, like a little foil boat)...belch over.

Looking forward to hearing of your successes!  Let us know how we can help, and hopefully you've checked out the sections for new folks - basics for beginners.

Good to have you on board! ;D 

Welcome, Paul!  I use the foil "boat" method that Tony described for my wood and the belch has not occurred again.  With the foil, I get a nice light stream of smoke coming from my #2 rather than the darker, heavier smoke that occurs when the wood catches on fire.  Give the foil a try and I think you will be OK.

Welcome, Paul! Yes, the foil boat that Tony mentioned truly does work.  I had a few smoker belches when I got my Model #2 and the foil certainly helps avoid that.  Good luck with your new smoker.  Looking forward to hearing some great stories. 

Back