newbie to the forum

Terry1956

New here but have a Model 1 I bought in 2011.
When I bought the smoker I started a diary. I now have seven years of notes about what, when and how I smoked meats. It's an invaluable resource for me every time I smoke.
I'm looking forward to the forums and trying new things. I cold smoked some cheese based on what I read here a couple weeks ago. Turned out great.
Yours in smoke.

Welcome from Texas Terry! I'm sure your diary is a great resource for you. Looking forward to reading about your experiences with the #1 you have.

The diary is a great idea!
I'm waiting for mine to arrive, so I'll start one on day 1!
Thanks for the idea.

Welcome aboard Terry. While the diary is a great idea, there is a lot of great information and help from from the smoking family on this forum.

Another big Texas welcome Terry! Glad your here and look forward to your posts and pictures!

Terry,
Very smart to keep track of everything you smoke. I do the same thing with not only smoking, but recipes in general. Over the years, I have been able to take some good recipes, to really amazing.
Best Greg

I need to get better at this...  It's amazing how many times I've come back to this site to read my old posts which are my only records of my prior smokes.  ;)

gregbooras said:
Very smart to keep track of everything you smoke. I do the same thing with not only smoking, but recipes in general. Over the years, I have been able to take some good recipes, to really amazing.

Welcome from the Hudson Valley. I, too, keep a record of all my smokes. It is invaluable when trying to recall how I did it that time when...

Back