Newbie in Oklahoma

Texan in Tulsa

After months of research, I finally pulled the trigger today and placed my order for the 3D. I was hesitant to buy that model as I will normally only being cooking for the two of us, but after reading the comments on going for the larger unit, I decided why not.

I also agree with others about the level of customer service you receive from SI. I e-mailed with a couple of questions a few days ago and received a personal reply from Steve with the answers the same day. Then today I placed my order around 1:30 pm and by 3:30 pm had a received an e-mail that my smoker had shipped. I thought there was no way they could process and ship that quick. I checked the FedEx tracking and found that it had indeed been picked up by FedEx and was enroute.  All I can say is WOW!

I do own a Char-Griller Trio that I purchased from Lowes a few years ago. While the gas grill side is great, trying to maintain a desired temperature with the smoker is all but impossible.

Looking forward to receiving my new smoker and getting off to a great start thanks in part to the info I've been reading in the forum. Tons of great information for a newbie such as myself.

Hi neighbor!  Congrats on a great decision!!  You will not believe what you will be able to do with your new smoker.  Anyone who has had to fight to maintain temperature on any smoker will truly appreciate the ease, and accuracy, you are about to experience!  That, you will find, will lend to you using it so much more often, too!  It's so easy to setup, and cleanup.  And, it does the work in the middle, so you don't have to constantly monitor it!

Let us know if you have questions!

Welcome from ND Andy!

One thing that you will find is that because of the ease of use you use your SI more frequently than your other smokers/grills.

And this forum is has no competition when it comes to electric smokers.

Welcome from a 3D owner in DFW Texas, great decision to get the bigger unit, it's only money 👍😄 and will go towards a very nice unit.  Wife fixed chicken enchiladas tonight with the smoked chicken I did a couple weeks ago, gives them a zing of a flavor, you'll enjoy the forum too!

Carl

Welcome from Delaware, Andy!  I am sure you will be happy with the 3D.    You will find lots of good recipes on this forum that will keep your 3D smoking away.  Cheers

Back