NEWBIE FROM SPORTSMANS PARADISE

ITB

Hey y'all! just found this forum and signed up from Central Louisiana, 40-ish miles NW of Alexandria.

Welcome from Delaware, ITB!  Do you have or are you planning to get a SI smoker?  If so, which one?  Lots of good advice, recipes, and techniques on this forum for the SI smoker.  Welcome aboard!

Welcome ITB from the Bluegrass State!  Like Steve noted, you're not going to find a more informative site, if you own or are thinking about buying an SI smoker.  For an owner, you have a wealth of knowledge to help you with the smoking differences in using an SI smoker.  All of the information posted are from owners of the SI units, and is unbiased and honest.  These owners are always happy to anwser any question that you may have. 

If you are thinking of becoming an owner, there are a lot of informative threads on the benefits of owning the best electric smoker that's made today!  They will most likely help you decide that the Smokin-It is the right one for you as well!

Again welcome!......Jeff

Welcome from Texas neighbor! Glad to have you with us. Come back often and share your knowledge, experience and recipes with us. By the way we love pictures of food! Enjoy!

Well I hate to tell you guys that I did not go with an SI smoker. I have been cooking vertically for the last several years and wanted something  that might handle a half hog or whole suckling pig. I bought an R&V Smokin Cajun 40". Hey, it was built not too far from here so I had to support the local economy. Can I stay anyway?

ITB, to the best of my knowledge I do not believe that being a SI owner is a requirement for this forum, so the answer is yes you can stay. You will find that the people in this forum are some of the nicest and friendliest people you will ever be around in a forum environment. We do not "bash" other peoples opinions, techniques, or equipment.  :D Most of the topics on here are geared towards SI owners but if you love to BBQ and smoking meat then  I am sure you will find some ideas and recipes that you can use in your R&V Smokin Cajun.

Hey ITB.....You never know if you hang around here long enough you just might decide to give Smokin-It a try. We'd love to hear about some of your smokes, recipes and techniques.

All are welcome here, ITB!  But, since you're here, go ahead and add a first name and town to your forum profile signature line!  That way, we know who you are! 

That's a great-looking grill you have, and you should have great success with it.  If you hang out here enough, you'll probably start to see why 1600+ members here are so happy with the SI smokers!  I'll just warn you, in advance, you will probably soon see many, many "converts" to the Lazy Q way of smoking!  You might also see that your new Smokin Cajun might just be another great weapon in your BBQ arsenal, and that owning a Smokin-It smoker (like the #3) might just start to "make sense!" ;)  No harm in owning more than one smoker - just wait until RG chimes in! ;D

We look forward to hearing about your recipes, and successes, and hope you find your time here beneficial, too!

ITB said:
Well I hate to tell you guys that I did not go with an SI smoker. I have been cooking vertically for the last several years and wanted something  that might handle a half hog or whole suckling pig. I bought an R&V Smokin Cajun 40". Hey, it was built not too far from here so I had to support the local economy. Can I stay anyway?

I have a #2 smoker and bought the R&V Grill which I really like. But it does go through some LP!

Greg

Hey ITB, welcome from Kansas CIty, don't for get to post your smokes here and use pictures we love pictures. Also second the thought of very nice looking grill. Have a great day.

Back