Newbie from NJ

SmokeeDee

Received my SI2 yesterday :).  Can't wait to try it.  Seasoned the smoker yesterday afternoon (mmmmm, just the smell of it made my mouth water). Today I'll smoke some salmon (marinated in rum and brown sugar) and over the holiday weekend gonna smoke some ribs for the family.  Liking the quality of the smoker so far. 

Doug,

Welcome from Saint Augustine Florida and to the Lazy Q club!

You are really going to enjoy smoking on your #2, I know I do. Please post your smokes and your recipes.

Greg

Doug, welcome from the Keys. These are great smokers and this is a great forum. You will enjoy both. Happy smoking.

Welcome from Texas Doug! Many good times and tasty Q in your future. Were glad you are here! Hope to see you here often.

Thanks for all the welcomes.  The salmon (my first smoke) turned out fabulously. Next smoke today will be country style boneless ribs. Will use the smoker briefly (about 30 to 45 minutes I think) to add some additional flavor to the rubbed ribs and then finish on the grill. Can't wait.

Hey Doug, welcome from Kansas city, I normally do my ribs in the smoker and cook about 4.5 hrs. They are tender, juicy and finger lickin good. Try it next time you will be surprised.

Back