Newbee from Washington State

Copasspupil

New to here, but not a BBQ/Smoking maker.  I started out with a Smith and Wesson from 2004 - a line of Traeger which I learned to smoke meats for around 12 years before I decided to venture out to learn the Santa Maria style of smoking and a year later built my second smoker - stick burner and have nee hooked ever since.  Simply put, I love the process of curing, aging and smoking meats.  I joined this group to learn from each of you to make my food better.  Thanks for letting me join!

Dan from Enumclaw, WA

Appreciate that!  In the last 7 years, I have really gotten into making bacon. Recently just discovered the EQ method and my family now loves my bacon. I do traditional pork belly bacon, buckboard, Canadian and pancetta. Two months ago I tried my hand at aging a NY strip and have another one going right now with a age date of 35 days just in time for father’s day.  I picked up a True GDM-12 and will transfer it into it tonight as I just get it ready with the fans and temp monitor.

I enjoy all types of cooking, smoking and bbqing. I really want to learn more about charcuterie. The science behind flavoring, preserving and eating what has been done for years has really caught my interest.

Thanks,
Dan

Welcome from Maryland Dan.  Wife and I just returned from vacation in Washington.  We had a great time.  Tons of great info on this site, enjoy.

Back