New Years Shrimp

pargolfr2003

I've made this and posted it previously but just did another batch tonight and it turned out awesome so thought is throw it on here again.  Happy New Year everybody.

Attachments

• 20151231_182741.jpg
    20151231_182741.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 444
One of my favorites, doing a batch this afternoon...I wonder how scallops would turn out if done this way???

I've done these shrimp several times now, including for Thanksgiving and last night for a birthday party.  They are always a huge hit (so you might want to save some for personal snacking ::)), and quick and easy.

That might be a little over kill. These are very smokey with the shells on. I've made this several times with great success so I won't deviate from this recipe but I'd be interested to hear the results if anyone else does

+1.  I always leave the shells on and the shrimp get plenty smoky!  I do believe someone on the forum posted that they removed the shells first, so perhaps that person can chime in on the amount of smoke using that method.

I think I might try this with scallops instead of shrimp sometime. Depending on the size of the scallops, I would probably only go 45 minutes or so, so as not to overcook.  Perhaps some pepper slices in the sauce as well...  Serve over rice or pasta...

What do you think?

Durangosmoker said:
I think I might try this with scallops instead of shrimp sometime. Depending on the size of the scallops, I would probably only go 45 minutes or so, so as not to overcook.  Perhaps some pepper slices in the sauce as well...  Serve over rice or pasta...

What do you think?
Looking forward to hearing how it turns out--if I don't get to it first...

Back