New to forum in Michigan

Pork Belly

I was introduced to and purchased a Smokin-It model #3 within 24 hours. the quality is obvious. I have been cooking, grilling and smoking for several years but this is by far the best machine I have seen or used.
My interests are all this Charcuterie, sausage making, dry curing whole muscle (pork or deer loin, sections of venison leg quarter) , Confiets, Corned Beef and Bison Pastrami, Rillets, duck pastrami, jerky and BBQ.

I don't discriminate I will stick anything in a smoker; Rib tips or slabs, Loins or butts. Today we smoked  chunk buffalo hump next to some Pork Loin. I'm going to do a duck and a turkey next week.

I enjoy breaking down whole animals to the primal cuts. I work with deer we have killed or locally sourced hogs from the heritage breeds. However I'm not a meat snob and will load up on some IBP bulk pack pork if the sale is right but for dry curing you need the better quality meat because the flavors are condensed.

I have commented on several sausage posts tonight trying to spread what I know, feel free to send questions if you have any. I will help when I can. The attached pictures are of some dry cured deer loin, pork loin and Panchetta Tessa (Flat not Rolled)

Attachments

• image-1.jpeg
    image-1.jpeg
    34.8 KB · Views: 261
  • image-2.jpeg
    image-2.jpeg
    43.8 KB · Views: 252
  • image-3.jpeg
    image-3.jpeg
    45.2 KB · Views: 271
  • image-4.jpeg
    image-4.jpeg
    47 KB · Views: 273
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    57.1 KB · Views: 265
Hi Brian, welcome to the forum and looking forward to some great posts to share your experience with.  You will find some great info here on this forum.  I also have the #3 and I love it, it's the best decision I have ever made with no regrets.

Enjoy and happy smoking.

Back