New owner

SmokedGouda

Really excited for my first smoke ever! Just got the #2 as a birthday gift and have started the prep work for my first butt. I've already gotten some great tips on my other post, so really looking forward to how this and future smokes turn out.
Live with my awesome wife and our dog & cat. It's going. To be tough keeping the dog away from the smoker while it's on, she was all over that thing while it was getting seasoned. I can only imagine when the delicious scent of pork or brisket hits her nose.

I too was a total beginner when I got my #2, but quickly got some really good eats out of it thanks to the info I learned on this forum. Don't be afraid to try different stuff (smoked Scottish Eggs?! Smoked meatloaf?), and keep a log of what you do and how you like it; You'll become an expert in no time. And if you do have an epic fail, your dog at least will be happy. Welcome to the club.

Hi Phil, Welcome aboard from N'East MA!
At one time we were all beginners.
smiley.gif
Hope you will be sharing the results with us.

It turned out great! Brined for 13 hours first. It was about 9.75 lbs. It took 14 hrs to get to 190 and then I wrapped it and let rest for 2 hrs before pulling. Incredibly moist and tender. It was delicious! Can't wait for the next one!

Attachments

• IMG_5128.JPG
    IMG_5128.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_5130.JPG
    IMG_5130.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_5135.JPG
    IMG_5135.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_5136.JPG
    IMG_5136.JPG