New owner here

kt29

Hello all.  Recently picked up a #2 and will be putting it to work on a venison neck roast for starters.  Been smoking meats for awhile but first time with electric.  Did try out my sons Smokin Tex and liked it.  Being made in the USA I will appreciate this one a whole lot more.  Nice looking forum here. :)

Welcome Terry!  Glad to have you with us! 

If you have used a Smokin Tex, you'll be right at home with the SI, only a little heavier in the wallet!  Sorry to disappoint you, though, but the SIs are manufactured in the same place as ST.  Construction quality is great, though, and it's how you get so much BBQ bang for the buck!

SI is the perfect "Great American Success Story" company, though!  Steve is really hands-on with the product, and customers!  When you call customer support, you get the owner!  ST can't say that.  Plus, you have a 3 year warranty...no one else does.  I'm saying this all to just say don't worry about the hands that assembled it, just enjoy the great quality - and community - you'll get here!

Looking forward to your success!  Let us know how we can help.

Welcome Terry from a Model 3D owner that lives 20 miles from SmokinTex HQ ;>)  I really enjoy this forum, you will learn a lot here!  Carl

Welcome from ND Terry! You are going to love your #2.

And this is one of the best forums you will find out there.

Thanks all for the welcome.  I did try the #2 out Sunday night.  Sorry, no pics.  It was pretty dark out when I finished.  The first smoke was a venison roast.  I pulled it at 135 degrees.  My wife said it wasn't done enough for her tastes.  I put it back in till it reached 150.  I must say, it was good.  My wife said the same thing.  It was nice not having to fire up the old wood burner and babysit it for several hours.  Looking forward to long relationship with the #2.

Back