New Model 3 WIFI - Smokin-It customer service and first cooks

Reverhart

Hi Folks,

After much research, I was the lucky recipient of a model 3 WIFI as a gift for birthday earlier in May. Ok, in reality I told my wife what I wanted and then ordered it myself - still a gift of sorts.

The weekend after the unit arrived, we did the break in smoke and I noted at the time two things:
1) It “wobbled” like a table with a short leg, one caster was off by about 1/4”
2) The door was at an angle with respect to the frame, also off by about 1/4”

I took pictures, measured, checked with a framing square and found the chassis was out of square. I had an email exchange with Steve, including some pictures and the measurements and he concluded that this was likely shipping damage and sent a replacement. Awesome customer service - of course I had to re-pack the damaged one, but otherwise very easy, with Smokin-It having FedEx do a pick up for the return trip.

I’m happy with the model 3, have done ribs and a chicken - both following recipes here on the forum, both came out quite good. I’m looking forward to smoking a brisket this weekend for Memorial Day.

Thanks to Steve and the team for the great product and making the exchange smooth!

Randal

I had an issue with a couple of grates with bad spot welds.  Contacted Smokin-It and they were replaced right away.
Best customer service ever!

Welcome!

And great to see things like this being resolved so easily. Enjoy that smoker and show some pics!

Back