curegeorg

Hi.  I have been reading through the forum for a while.  Just got a converted 3D and looking forum to some input and tips on using it.  Some minimal experience with more traditional smoking, but I wanted to go the easy and good route instead of that.

"Coolio" is obviously not my actual name, but I'm trying to respect the rules whilst keeping my privacy as there are only three people with my name in this country and the other two are both immediately related to me.

Welcome Coolio! Although your identity will appropriately remain a mystery as you wish, I will guess that you might originally be from across the pond. You will find many here happy to help!

Welcome from Texas Coolio! The#3 is a great piece of smoking equipment. Hope you will share your future adventures with us.

A 3D convert?  COOLIO, Coolio!  How did the process go, and were the instructions clear enough?  You're the first mod that has posted, so I'm really curious what you thought of the process.  Don't hesitate to be open; I put the instructions together, and haven't heard from anyone who has used them, so I'm looking for honest feedback, in case there's something that needs changing.

I'm totally cool with the moniker, although no one is going to track you down, based on a first name alone.  That's not how we roll, 'round here! 8) But, again, no problem!  We just like to have a name to call you by, so Coolio is cool with us!

Looking forward to hearing about your new adventures with the 3D!  Let us know how we can help!

I bought the smoker already converted.  He has not disconnected the knob control, so I think it's max temp is 250 based on the smokers thermostat.  I read about modifying it fully, but we will see if I do.  Auber control is all i wanted anyway.  I was just about ready to pull the trigger and order the 3D when I saw it....

Looking forward to some input on a brisket smoke, but waiting on some shipments to come in.  Meat options here in NC suck.  I did find prime packers finally.

Lots of good info on this forum from what I've already read!

Coolio, I'm confused.  Did you buy a 3 with an Auber PID (standalone) unit, or get the 3D conversion kit from Steve?  Can you post a picture of it?

Mis-wording in regards to "conversion".  It is a #3 with a stand alone Auber controller.  He has one probe wired into the inside.  Wood arrived via FedEx today!  Feels weird to order wood, lol.  All my oak is too damp still.  Company in town or it would be on.

Still a fantastic setup, Coolio!  If you ever feel the need, Steve does offer conversion kits to replace the top with the integrated PID controller.

Nimrod said:
Welcome Coolio, from East Texas where it is hotter than hellio  ;)

Hotter than hellio in NW AR today too, Dave! >:(  No wind, and you can cut the humidity with a knife!  Hope it's better when I throw my Boston butt in the smoker tonight!

Back