Jackie

Just purchased a #2 today.  The input from this forum helped in that decision.  I live in South Carolina and grill and fry outdoors year round.  I believe this smoker will be so much more controllable and enjoyable.

I plan to put it under my gazebo.  I also bought the cover for extra protection.  In a few months I will buy the Auber controller.  Does it set on top of the smoker?  Is it safe to leave covered outside?

I am almost 60 years old with three kids and 4 grand kids.  My wife and I feed the family every Sunday.

I plan to spend a lot of time on the forum while waiting for the smoker; but if you have some specific posts that helps newbies let me know.

Thanks,
Jackie

Hi Jackie, and welcome to the family!  You've made a great decision on the #2!  The family will be thrilled with the stellar Q you will produce!

I set my Auber to the side of the smoker.  The top gets warm, and the Auber has a heat sink (the processor gets warm), so I don't want it to work harder at cooling itself than it needs to. 

As far as tips goes - just spend some time going through the various boards here.  Those of us that started early got the seeds planted, and they have grown into a great garden of information about what works, and what doesn't!  You can use the Search bar, at the top of the page, for specific questions. 

Let us know how we can help!  I'm sure you saw the message about the shipping delay this week. If you just ordered, your smoker will not be shipped until next Friday.  The owner is moving the company to Michigan this week.  But, you will get some extra swag with your smoker!

Hi Jackie, welcome to the forum. You made a great choice with the SI brand. These are well built units that produce some great Q. The one tip I would stress for new users to these electric smokers is that you need very little wood.  Less is more with these smokers.

If there is anything you need that is not already posted here, just start a new thread and everyone will jump in to help out any way they can.  And when posting a thread for something you are smoking, posts some pics, we all enjoy them.

Welcome from ND!

You will love your new #2.

You have now entered the world of what we call Lazy-Q because using this unit is so easy.

Back