New Member - New D2

BBinMO

Folks,
I'm glad to be a proud new owner of a D2! Reading many of the posts on this forum made my decision to purchase a Smokin-It smoker easy.  I have my D2 burning off the manufacturing dirt as I write this.  We're going meat buying tomorrow and plan on our first smoke this weekend.  More to come... :)

welcome, Bruce, from the Hudson Valley, and congrats on the new arrival. I'm sure you're going to love your #2 as much as I do mine.  I also see much good eats in your future!

Welcome from Texas Bruce! That 2d is a rock solid smoking machine as your about to find out. Keep us posted on your progress and let us know how we can help.

Welcome neighbor, and brother vet!  So great to have you with us!  What part of MO you from, Bruce?  "Mid" would be Columbia area? 

Thanks for the welcome everyone! DM, indeed I'm in Columbia. My wife and I spend 2 weeks camping and fishing at Bull Shoals in Arkansas every summer, just below the dam on the White River.  Lots of trout to smoke. Been going there for about 15 years.  Recently retired from Columbia College in a staff position as manager in Technology Services. The PID makes sense to my IT brain.

Welcome to the Smokin-It family. Great time of year to break in your smoker. With all of the football and World Series to keep you occupied while the 2D keeps your temps exactly where you want them. Enjoy and welcome aboard.

That's great, Bruce!  Thanks for the extra info on you - I appreciate it!  Columbia's a beautiful town; been there many times, in the late 70's/early 80's, and have driven through it a zillion times!  Great to hear you have a background that will appreciate the PID controller!  Let me know if I can help, but I doubt I can! ;)

Back