New here, thought I,d say hello

hunt0168

Hi everybody, I have recently purchased an Si 3D and I,m loving this thing! I've had some success and some failure in the past with a simple propane fired smoker that I received for a birthday gift a few years ago. A metal box with a burner in the bottom that needed constant monitoring to control. I enjoyed the results enough to know I needed something a bit more user friendly so I purchased the 3D.

I have read a ton on this forum and really enjoy the content and the way everybody respects each other. Being a relative newcomer to smoking meats and even newer to electric smokers, I am sure I'm going to have questions for you guys as I figure things out. Hopefully I can add positively to the content and the community as a whole.

I'm from Central NY and spend way too much time at work as a graphic screen printer primarily for the transit industry. My free time is spent with my awesome wife and high school sweetheart enjoying everything from hanging with friends, enjoying a craft beer or two, canoeing many of our lakes & rivers, short hikes up many of out local hills & mountains, and much, much more. When autumn rolls around my wife becomes a "Hunter's widow" (her term) and you'll most likely find me in a tree stand, or goose pit, duck blind, or chasing beagles through briars somewhere. Basically enjoying God's gift of nature, and working on my freezer/smoker inventory.

I'm glad to be here. I hope to make some friends and make some positive contributions to the forum. I'm truly looking forward to it.

Welcome aboard! The only way that I put meat in the freezer is by shopping at Sam's or Costco. Not opposed to hunting I just gave it up about 40 years ago. I can relate to enjoying a good craft  beer or glass of wine as well enjoying the great outdoors via sea kayaking or hiking. I think that you will find this forum to be a great resource for enjoying your 3D.

Hi Bob and welcome from the Florida Keys. I also have a home in upstate NY and relate to the lifestyle you describe. This is a great forum with lots of knowledgeable folks. Welcome aboard.

Back