New Florida Smokin Man

milleti

Wife surprised me with the Model #2 on Christmas.  Going to season it today and then make the first smoke later this week.  Have to say I can hardly wait, this baby is well made and reading in the forms proves that it does a damn fine job.  More to come.

Welcome from the "other Sunshine State".  That's what I call Nebraska because sometimes the sun does shine here.

What a nice surprise for Christmas!  Let us know if you have any questions.  There are some great folks here and some great ideas.  Let us know how your cooks go and take pictures....  Tony likes pictures!

Welcome, Tim!  That's a great Christmas surprise!  Rick's right...we love pictures! ;D  I look forward to your participation in our little club!

Welcome Tim ... very nice Christmas present!  I purchased a #2 back in January/February and have used it nearly every weekend...produces excellent smoked meat.  We look forward to hearing about your first smoke, but in the meantime don't hesitate to ask any questions, and check out the great recipes on the forum.  Cheers!

Good luck and enjoy.

Some reminders be sure to season it real good, foil the bottom for cleanup, and enjoy.

Good to drop in some temp probes to see what's going on in there.  :-)

Just received my Maverick ET-732 unit and tested it in boiling water, both probes registered 214.  Pretty darn close to 212 which would be spot on as I live 7 miles from the ocean here in East Central Florida.  Will perform a good season this week as I wasn't able to do so last week, and then run my first smoke on the weekend.

Tim:

It was just one month ago I did the same and it will be a rush once you fire it up! Still a novice I get excited tinkering with my SI3 or thinking what I will do next.

It's too darn cold and I'm traveling so this week I've called a my local electric store to get the cords updated and so forth, place a briner junior in my amazon cart, etc.

Tim, you have the patience of Jobe!  There's no way I could have waited 2 weeks for my first cook!!  Let us know how it goes!

I have been useing mine 3 or 4 times a week since receiving it.  Its so easy with almost no effort to use or clean up.  I crank it up just to smoke side dishes.  It adds such depth of flavor to anything.  Love it!  I couldnt imagine useing any other type of smoker this frequently because of the hassle.

I don't think my wife would say I have that much patience, but I refuse to do a crappy job smoking meat.  Being a very anal personality, I want even the first smoke to be done correctly.

I think this deep freeze on North America has adversely impacted smoking enthusiasts on this forum. Only one post in 24 hours and no doubt it's on a topic that includes the word Florida :)

Good deal, Charlie!  Don't want to toot my own horn, but I think you'll like it!  I'll never do another butt without it!  Let me know what you think!

Back