New 3D in MO

ZOUkeeper

Hi all,

I am Tony from Missouri and just received my new 3D last night and got it seasoned today.

I previously had a 30 inch Masterbuilt electric smoker and was wanting something larger that would better accommodate larger items like a rack of ribs or a brisket.

I was looking at the "big box options" and just decided to search on smokingmeatforums.com and saw a thread where virtually every response was that the Smoking-It was the preferred electric smoker.  I was sold.  I have a pork loin in brine as we speak getting ready for my first smoke tomorrow.

Wish me luck!

Welcome from ND Tony! Wow, what a big upgrade from a Masterbuilt. You have found the right smoker and the right Smoking Forum.

ZOUkeeper said:
I am Tony from Missouri and just received my new 3D last night and got it seasoned today.

Hi Tony from MO...  Based on your name, are you in Columbia or maybe Rolla or K.C.?  I just moved from Columbia to Garland, TX in June.

Welcome from Texas Tony! Saying you've upgraded would be stating the obvious because you already know that by now. Happy smokin'!

LarryD said:
ZOUkeeper said:

Hi Tony from MO...  Based on your name, are you in Columbia or maybe Rolla or K.C.?  I just moved from Columbia to Garland, TX in June.

Close.  Just North of Jefferson City

Welcome, Tony. You are in for a treat! I think brined pork loin is my favorite thing to smoke. In fact, I smoked one last night, so have a few days worth of nibbles to look forward to. Congrats on the upgrade.

Congratulations Tony! You've found the right place, and the right smoker. It's lucky you decided to do more research beyond the big box options.

Durangosmoker said:
Welcome, Tony. You are in for a treat! I think brined pork loin is my favorite thing to smoke. In fact, I smoked one last night, so have a few days worth of nibbles to look forward to. Congrats on the upgrade.

It was pretty good.  Very moist.  I did taste a little "bitterness".  I attribute this to using a store bought wood chunk (before I spent enough time on the forum, I have placed my order with smokinliscious).  The chunk was completely ash in just a 4 hour or so smoke. 

I am pleased for the first run!

Welcome from South Texas.  I also started with a 30" Masterbuilt and used it for almost four years.  I KNEW I wanted a better smoker and the Smokin-It is it.

Welcome Missouri Tony, from NW Arkansas Tony! ;D  We're practically neighbors!

Great to have you with us!  You've found the right place to grow as a smoker of the meat (or anything else worth eating)!  Plus, you've found a smoker that will outlast 10 MBs! 

Let us know how we can help, and don't be shy!

Back