New 2D owner

Roostershooter

Hi all!  I am new to smoking and just seasoned my 2d smoker today.  I set the program as instructed, temp at 250, time at 4 hours and two blocks of wood that came with smoker.  I noticed after about 3.5 hours that the smoke had quit and the green light was blinking.  So, i turned it off and unplugged it.  Any reason for the methodical blinking action?  Trying out pork ribs this weekend for a first smoke.  Excited to try them!

Welcome Roostershooter from SE Arizona.  The blinking green light just means that the heating element is cycling on and off.  Perfectly normal. Enjoy!

So...  after you shoot your next rooster are you going to smoke it?  Don't think I've heard of smoked rooster before...  ;)

Welcome to the family.

Larry - Maybe you have heard of a capon?  It is a neutered rooster. Quite tasty, but expensive, in the price range of a turkey.

Welcome from Texas! Ribs are a great choice for the first smoke. Be sure to post your experiences along with pics if possible.

Welcome from South Texas.  Let the green light blink away as it smokes some of the best food you can get.

Another Texas Welcome to ya Roostershooter! Be sure and post some pic's of your smoke's. Good eats are on the way!

The name "roostershooter" comes from my favorite fall activities of hunting pheasants here in North Dakota.  Smoked pheasant is delicious and I will try and smoke my own up this fall.  Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Back