New #2 owner

joe71

Hi all!

New owner, Joe from Southeast Missouri.

Just received my 2D today, I spent a year researching Electric Smokers after my first and only MES died last summer (on my birthday, with 20 people coming over expecting smoked ribs, ugh). Like so many of you, after so much research, the only choice was Smokin-It.  I've been reading over the manual and Tony's guide all day while the first seasoning goes on. 

Cheers.

Welcome to the family, Joe!  I just received the stand for my #2 last night and assembled it tonight.  Getting ready to throw a 12 lb. packer (it's really a packer... just a small one and not a flat) in there.  If you liked your MES then you're going to love this!

Welcome from Delaware, Joe.  I see many successful smokes in your future, and with the 2D, it won't fail you on your next birthday!  Cheers

Thank you all again for the welcome, and I also have to say, after a week of combing this forum, I am so excited about the possibilities! So far I've smoked salmon (200 for 2 hours, delicious) and a small pork butt on the programmed setting. Both were phenomenal.  Currently have 2 Boston Pork Butts in the 2D and experienced my first smoke belch, rather than panic, I immediately got on the forum and was immensely relieved to find answers so quickly (no my meat isn't ruined, yes I did the right thing by not opening the door). Thank you guys, and now I know how to avoid the situation in the future. Fantastic resource here. I have a long weekend of smoking ahead of me with family and friends coming on Sunday and couldn't be more excited!!

Welcome. Enjoy your #2 and know this is the place to come with questions. Great thing about this forum is there are no stupid questions just friends willing to help.

Back