New 1 in Ft Lauderdale

Capt Buddy

Hello, Buddy in Ft Lauderdale here! Just received my #1. So far Im incredibly pleased with everything from the fast shipping to the initial quality straight from the box. I dont know if this is built in the US or not?? but the quality is far superior to the MES junk I just threw away. I just unboxed it, soaped what I could and started the seasoning run. Tomorrow the smoking starts

Welcome to the Smokin-It forum from chilly ND!

So jealous of the weather in FL. I am going to be throwing in a Boston Butt tonight around 10:00pm with an outside temp projected to be -8 overnight lows projected around -16.

You will love the #1.

So, what is going to be your first smoke?

Brisket and ABTs! What and how are you measuring the meat temp with from outside the cooker, Are you running the probe threw the vent??

I use a dual probe Maverick et733, one for the meat and one for the smoker temp.

Yes, you just run the probes through the vent hole. I usually place the smoker probe on one of the sides about 2-3 inches from the side on the same shelf as the meat or just below the meat if your meat is big and is too close to the probe. You don't want the probe being to close to the meat or it will give false temps.

Welcome CptBuddy! You will really like that #1, it is great little unit and yes, much better IHO than MES. Make sure you check around the forum for some really great advice on smokes and gear.

Just leaving Jacksonville... Nice weather ... Better place to use Smokin It than in the winter snow up North where I'm headed now.

Back