Never wrapped BB Ribs, anyone?

Papa Rick

I have not been on here in quite some time, but noticed some people are talking about foiling their Ribs and putting butter in there with them?  Any input on this?  I have always done mine without and everyone loves them, but didn't know if I was missing out on something or not?

Thanks in advance for your ideas, advice and suggestions.

#1. Foil is for leftovers.
#2. A SI smokes so moist adding butter and mopping ribs is not necessary.
#3. Do what makes you happy, it is needed or not. 

I wrapped a brisket once-"The Texas Crutch"-Did Not Work for Me.  I stick to the easy-Q technique--toss it it in and forget it. 

I wrapped the first ribs I made with foil, followed the 3-2-1 method. This was my first ever cook a few years back.

That was the last time I wrapped ribs. I have wrapped brisket in butchers paper before, not sure if that changed anything as well. Like others said, I throw it in and let it go until done.

That’s the beauty of the lazy q method. When I smoke on my kettle, there is some benefit with wrapping there. I made spare ribs a few weeks back on the kettle and they were wonderful, but the foil helped with that. I did a 3-2-1 style smoke with those. I have enjoyed having both the 3D and WEBER Kettle to cook with. 

Back