My wife is loving this smoker!!

niceguy0427

I just finished pulling some pork. Started with just under an 8 lb. butt bone in.
I brined the butt for about 14 hours using Tony's pork brine recipe. Used 6 oz. Cherry and Hickory wood, filled a small tin with Cranberry/Cherry juice and placed it next to the wood box. Coated the butt with yellow mustard and Dave's Rib Rub. Put it in the smoker last night about 10 PM. I didn't notice any stall - I must have slept thru it!! ;) I took it out after 13 hours and 45 minutes, double wrapped it in tin foil for about 2.5 hours. It was still hot when I pulled it.
The taste is awesome!!

Like I said my wife is loving this smoker. 

Attachments

• 2015-02-08 Pulled Pork 004.JPG
    2015-02-08 Pulled Pork 004.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 303
  • 2015-02-08 Pulled Pork 003.JPG
    2015-02-08 Pulled Pork 003.JPG
    938.6 KB · Views: 283
Looks good. We should start a new thread of pictures of what a happy wife looks like after eating our BBQ. Maybe with stories like how the Smokin-It saved a marriage. Or brought a new kid into the family. Or... Just gave us men a chance to drink a beer, enjoy the scent of wonderful smoked meat, and peace and quite without feeling guilty leaving the wife to watch the kids or cook our dinner.

Better include the Happy Husband's/Significant Other pics, too, Tony!  Got some great gals Smokin-It on here now! 8)

Back