my first pork butt in my smoker #2

missingtenessee

I smoked my first pork butt in my #2 smoker yesterday. Started out with dry brine of kosher salt on a 9lb. Boneless butt for 22 hours. Next morning rubbed with vegetable oil and coated with a dry rub and into the smoker at 225. Smoked til reached 190, took longer than expected had to raise to 250 last hour as we had friends waiting. Let rest 30 mins, then pulled pork, came out great. Thanks for all the tips from this forum

missingtenessee said:
I smoked my first pork butt in my #2 smoker yesterday. Started out with dry brine of kosher salt on a 9lb. Boneless butt for 22 hours. Next morning rubbed with vegetable oil and coated with a dry rub and into the smoker at 225. Smoked til reached 190, took longer than expected had to raise to 250 last hour as we had friends waiting. Let rest 30 mins, then pulled pork, came out great. Thanks for all the tips from this forum

Congrats on a smoke well done!

Greg

Congrats, Tennessee!  I see this is you first time joining us.  Be sure to head over to the "Introductions" section and tell us a little about yourself.  Also, a first name and town is nice in your signature line.  We like to get to know our new friends!  Welcome to "Club Lazy Que!" 8)

Back