MY 1st 4D Brisket's

EFGM

Started off with excellent advice from Dave about a drip pan inside the the 4D. This is my maiden voyage with it so I decided not to put the Beef Ribs on top rack sticking with the "only change one thing at a time" thought process. I have two changes already, 1st time with this smoker and pan inside.
Starting off with 2 Briskets 1 14# going in and 1 16# going in at 9:30 last night.
16#er probed done at 6:53, the 14#er still smoking.
14#er probed done at 8:30

Attachments

• Starting.jpg
    Starting.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 396
  • 14#er out Chart.PNG.jpg
    14#er out Chart.PNG.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 328
  • 14#er 2.jpg
    14#er 2.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 331
  • 14#er 1.jpg
    14#er 1.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 349
  • 16 #er out chart.PNG.jpg
    16 #er out chart.PNG.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 305
  • 16#er 2.jpg
    16#er 2.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 360
  • 16#er done .jpg
    16#er done .jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 373
  • holding steady.jpg
    holding steady.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 367
Dont'cha love having to NOT check the fire, stoke the coals, add wood chunks, and stay up all night anymore?
Looking good!!!

ibbones said:
Dont'cha love having to NOT check the fire, stoke the coals, add wood chunks, and stay up all night anymore?
Looking good!!!
Indeed, gave up the evil stick burner long long ago. Lazy Q is the way to go!

Thanks Dave, I also got to thinking about that juice. I have read where some put a water pan on the bottom I assume to help with moisture. I've never followed through and tried that but it would seem better than water would be the juices. Just thinking it all through. You are definitely right about the clean up. See these pics and this is smoking 2 Briskets!

Attachments

• Inside Drip Pan juice (cold).jpg
    Inside Drip Pan juice (cold).jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 372
  • Top of Wood Box.jpg
    Top of Wood Box.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 378
  • Regular Drip Pan.jpg
    Regular Drip Pan.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 355
Jumanji said:
Looks very good.  Which temperature unit is that?  Four probes, and a graph?
That's a Tappecue unit. I have really enjoyed it not only for smoking, but for occasional
checking the temps in different racks and positions in my smokers. It's ties in to my network so I can see from anywhere.

I liked the last 2 Briskets I smoked in the 4D so much I got the idea to honor myself and designed a Tee Shirt and a new Word!

Attachments

• Yellow.jpg
    Yellow.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 327
Back